It is the goal of the K C Area Credit Union to offer competitive services to enable our members to achieve their financial objectives. One of our highest priorities is protecting our member’s personal and account information. In addition, we request our members exercise the same level of responsibility in guarding their own financial information.
We take very seriously our obligation to safeguard our member’s privacy. To that end, our employees are instructed on the importance of member confidentiality. The K C Area Credit Union will not reveal information about member accounts or other identifiable data to third parties unless one of the following criteria is met:
- an authorization or request is received by the member;
- the information requested is required to complete a transaction initiated by the member;
- the information is provided to a reporting agency, (i.e. a credit bureau);
- the information is required to comply with a government agency or a court order;
- the information is required to provide support or services for one of our products, (i.e. statement vendor).
The K C Area Credit Union does not sell our member lists to outside parties. We require any third party service or support provider to agree to safeguard the confidentiality of the member information. Vendors must also abide by all applicable privacy laws.
Only the personal information necessary to conduct the business of the credit union will be collected from our membership.
The K C Area Credit Union reserves the right to use information provided by members to protect our membership and us. We may also use personal information to identify, communicate or respond to questions or concerns posed by our membership.